At LP, we want to Build A Better World by fostering strong relationships and supporting the communities where we live and work. We rely on our local communities to be able to source the materials on which our business depends.
How We Give
LP and the LP Foundation contribute both cash and product to deserving 501(c)(3) nonprofits and public schools that fall within our giving areas, including shelter and housing programs, K–12 public schools, environmental programs, and social services and community needs in the communities near LP mills and offices.
LP Foundation Grants & Sponsorships
Grant and sponsorship requests are reviewed by a seven-member Board of Trustees annually and approved on the basis of merit and alignment with our giving areas.?For calendar year 2020, grant proposals are due by March 13, 2020. LP grants are normally awarded in the April-May timeframe. To learn more about the process, click here.
If you’d like to apply for an annual grant and/or sponsorship from the LP Foundation, please email LP.Foundation@www.bellardia.com with the following information:
- Completed Grant Proposal Form
- 501(c)(3) Determination Letter (unless you are a public school)
- Latest Audited Financial Statement
Community Impact Grants
The LP Foundation provides community grants in the small, rural communities that are home to our mills across the U.S. and Canada. LP mills partner with local qualified nonprofits or schools for these grants, which range from $3,000 to $5,000 depending on the size of our workforce at the mill.
If interested in receiving a grant from your location LP mill, please contact the mill directly. A list of our locations is available here.
Employee Matching Grant
The LP Foundation matches 100 percent of employee contributions (up to $1,000 per individual per year) to qualified charities and K-12 public schools.
LP Grants Awarded in 2019
- American Heart Association
- Conexión Américas
- Cumberland River Compact
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
- Hard Bargain Association
- Harpeth Conservancy
- Leadership Nashville
- Lipscomb University
- Monroe Harding
- Nashville Downtown Partnership
- Nashville Public Education Foundation
- Oasis Center
- PENCIL Foundation
- Rebuilding Together Nashville
- Rescue 1Global
- The Blackberry Jam Music Festival
- The Land Trust for Tennessee
- YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee
- Bobby Jeans Kids
- Boys and Girls Club of Southwest Alabama
- Chequamegon Area Mountain Bike Association
- City of Carthage
- Communities in Schools of Northwest NC
- Cullman Caring for Kids
- East Texas Pregnancy Help Center
- Eden Valley – Watkins ISD #463
- Forest History Society
- Hayward Community School District
- Jasper Police Association
- Lake County Development Achievement Center
- Mitchell Elementary School
- Our Sisters House
- Project Backpack
- Roxboro Community School
- RSU 29
- Sammy Brown Library
- Schoolhouse Supplies
- Shawnee Development Council, Inc.
- Step up and Ride Society
- The CAMP
- Victim Service of Cullman Inc.
- West Iron County High School
The LP Foundation IRS Determination Letter and 990 forms
Since our founding, LP employees have always worked hard to improve the communities where we work and live. Employees use their passion, skills and expertise as leaders and volunteers focused on the needs of their communities.
LP teams have come together from across the U.S., Canada and South America to make a real impact in their communities by repairing homes, working with children, cleaning beaches, and helping raise awareness of our environment and the importance of conservation and sustainability.
LP employees volunteer as individuals and teams across the company. A few recent volunteer highlights, include:
- In October 2019, LP donated $50,000 in LP products (LP? SmartSide? Trim & Siding, LP? TechShield? Radiant Barrier Sheathing, LP? SolidStart? LVL and LP? TopNotch? Sub-Flooring and Wall Panels) and $50,000 in monetary donations to the 2019 Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project with Habitat for Humanity. Over 50 LP volunteers were on-site for a week helping build a home for a future Habitat homeowner.
- Every year, LP employees team up with the PENCIL Foundation to support the nonprofit organization’s annual school supply drive at Nissan Stadium before a Tennessee Titans game, benefitting LP PENCIL Box. In 2019, over $6,000 worth of supplies were collected.
- Since 2013, LP has been teaming up with the Nashville Predators Foundation and KaBOOM! to build playgrounds for children and young students at Nashville area schools and early childhood development centers.
- LP employees are members of volunteer fire departments, search and rescue teams, and community development boards in the many communities where we operate.
LP Cares Fund
The LP Cares Fund is an employee emergency support fund, allowing LP employees to help each other in times of need. It is funded by LP employees through tax-deductible donations, which are matched dollar-for-dollar by the LP Foundation. Since its inception in 2014, over 350 employees and their families have been supported by the LP Cares Fund in times of need.
LP Scholarship Program
LP Building Solutions is proud to offer college scholarships for the children of LP employees. A total of twenty-one $1,500 scholarships are granted each year to students who are enrolled in full-time undergraduate studies at an accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire academic year. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or national origin.