Interested in purchasing LSL?Find out where to buy
LP SolidStart LSL Benefits
Manufactured by the leader in strand board technology, LP? SolidStart? LSL has engineered strength that allows for longer spans and greater design flexibility. Available in various sizes, it features:
- Strength: Available in 1.75E grade, the industry’s highest grade of LSL.
- Efficiency: Faster installation (buildup not required for 2x4 frame).
- Versatility: Use for floor beams, door and window headers, garage door headers, roof and wall framing, rim board, stair stringers and sill plates.
- Peace of Mind: Consistent low moisture content helps resist twisting, warping and shrinking.
- Sustainability: Wood sourced through programs certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative?.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty: Backed by a long-term warranty so you can build with security and confidence. See full complete warranty?details for more information.
How It’s Made
LP? SolidStart? LSL’s manufacturing process provides superior performance with less shrinking, warping and twisting.
- Made from a mix of sustainably harvested aspen and maple hardwoods for greater strength
- A steam injection press results in low moisture content (7%–10%) similar to the conditions inside a home
- End- and edge-sealed to reduce swelling
Available thicknesses:?1-1/2?, 1-3/4?, 3-1/2?
Available depths:?3-1/2?, 4-3/8?, 5-1/2?, 7-1/4?, 9-1/4? 9-1/2?, 11-1/4?, 11-7/8?, 14?, 16?, 18?, 20?, 22?, 24?
Available grades:?1.35E, 1.55E, and 1.75E?(the industry’s highest grade of LSL)
Available in most framing lumber sizes
Available in precision end-trimmed lengths upon request?
Edges and ends are sealed to reduce swelling
How Is It Made: LP SolidStart LSL
Learn more about how LP makes LP SolidStart LSL.
LP SolidStart LSL Case Study
Learn why LP SolidStart LSL is the right choice.View Case Study